<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

11/02/2013

Photos of my first Lemon Chocolate Cupcakes






















The Only Use I Find For The Telephone Directory lol 

Salam Alaykum,



For a short while now i have been developing my own cupcake recipes, likey likey my Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes and Espresso Cupcakes.



The Lemon Chocolate Cupcakes pictured above are a work in progress.... i have succeeded with the cupcake itself, but the buttercream icing i made although it looks delightful was too sour, I'd over estimated how much i liked the bitter taste of lemon and not taken into account the fact that cocoa powder itself is slightly bitter, tut tut.



I was inspired by Lizzy's Chocolate Lemon Cupcakes and i mean come on what girl doesn't like either chocolate or lemon so why not combine both win, win situation!



I don't work from box mixes so following Lizzy's recipe was out of the question and since I'd had success before inventing cupcake recipes i thought why not? anyway i may take a leaf out of her book next time and go for a lemon cream cheese frosting as there is something eye catching about the contrasting colours, brown cupcake and creamy coloured frosting.



I am cupcaked out to be honest but my son's only baking request these days is 'let's make cupcakes' masha'Allah he helps by turning on the mixer and whisking the cocoa powder/flour together oh and he is a dab hand (NOT but let the lad learn) at sprinkling the sprinkles lol



* Note: Here is the link to my Chocolate Lemon Cupcake Recipe

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11 February 2013 at 23:50 , Anonymous Melissa said...

These look so good! I have never thought of putting lemon and chocolate together, what a great combination!

 
At 12 February 2013 at 05:10 , Anonymous Culinary Couture said...

These look so pretty! It's wonderful that you are experimenting with different flavors :)

 
At 13 February 2013 at 16:01 , Anonymous Sanaa said...

Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah Asmaa, Your cupcakes look delicious mashaAllah. I know your kids enjoyed these beauties! lol

 
At 13 February 2013 at 16:25 , Anonymous Asmaa said...

Thank you sisters for your sweet comments and yes it's surprising to me that lemon and chocolate work well together but then again chocolate and orange is a classic, so maybe it works for all the citrus family.

 
At 1 March 2013 at 18:13 , Anonymous Aysha Farooqui said...

Assalamualeykum!
Hahaha, I love how kids love to help out in the kitchen! I have a little 4 year old cousin who keeps asking me "Aysha baji (urdu for sister), can't we make muffincakes?" :)

MashaAllah, these look delicious. Especially the frosting; the texture looks wonderful! But I know the feeling of too much lemon... Once I was trying to make a sweet and sour berry sauce to compliment a really chocolately cake I'd made (I'll be sharing the recipe soon inshaAllah), I by mistake used old lemons, and realized there was a fungus growing on it after I'd added the juice.... It totally ruined the berry sauce, and we STILL have it in the fridge :P We're trying to finish it up by using it as a jam :P

 
At 3 March 2013 at 08:18 , Anonymous Asmaa said...

Wa Alaykum Salam Aysha,

Thank you for dropping by and for your nice comment, JazakAllah Khairan.

It's great when kids ask us to make cakes etc, gives me the perfect excuse to get my bake on lol

I'm looking forward to your chocolate cake recipe : ) & hope you and your family manage to finish the tart berry sauce/jam In sha Allah

 

Post a Comment

Got a question? want to share your thoughts? leave a comment here.
*Please note, your comment will be visible after it has been approved *

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home