<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

08/06/2014

My Imperfectly Fondant Topped, Bursting With Sunshine, Lemon Cupcakes

fondant topped lemon cupcakes recipe | Halal Home Cooking
As-Salaamu Alaykum,

My first time EVER working with fondant. Don't get me wrong I've had fondant intentions before then I always end up breaking snack size chunks off and eating straight out of the container or packet. Am I the only one that has ever done that?

It all started with sallys busting with sunshine / lemon cupcakes, seriously packed full on lemon flavour best recipe using lemons to date.
fondant topped lemon cupcakes recipe | Halal Home Cooking
I didn't have any regular butter at home. I decreased the quantity by 20% and used ghee / clarified butter and then to make up for the lack of moisture that comes from milk fat I increased the milk quantity by 20%. The cupcakes were very soft which is good, really good but I fear I may have over whipped when adding the eggs to the batter or they were under baked somehow because some of the cupcakes came out with wrinkled tops.
fondant topped lemon cupcakes recipe | Halal Home Cooking
The next day when i came to put on the fondant tops some of the cupcakes had already started to pull away from the wrappers which might be because of the quality of the wrapper or my butter to ghee and milk changes to the recipe.
fondant topped lemon cupcakes recipe | Halal Home Cooking
Rolling out the fondant was pretty easy as was cutting out the circles, with the help of my son.
I was determined not to use buttercream as I didn't want to be overwhelmed by more sweetness I dabbed the fondant circle with a little water which made it sticky then I carefully placed onto cupcake and tried my best to smooth out all wrinkles / lumps using my hand.
It wasn't going to be my finest work however, this is home cooking it doesn't always look the best but the cupcakes sure taste good.
I really like these lego cupcakes  by Fatimah. She uses sugar syrup to stick fondant onto the cupcakes which is a better idea than water because I did learn fondant doesn't 'like' moisture.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10 June 2014 at 00:08 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely imperfect recipe:) I would like all of my recipes to be as imperfect as yours. You got me in trouble girl, my youngest came to my laptop screen then he said suddenly with a HUGE smile on his face " I love you mom, you are doing this for me!!!!" so imagine his frustration when I said no :(. I have to make these soon. Thanks for the recipe

 
At 10 June 2014 at 09:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

:) thank you ukhti and OOPS! Pinterest gets me in that very same trouble with my son so I tell him yes but he has to 'help'

 
At 11 June 2014 at 01:32 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so brave - I have yet to use fondant :/ the cupcakes look good, never thought of subbing ghee for butter - great tip!

 
At 11 June 2014 at 08:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

as-Salaamu Alaykum Sarah,
Thank you for your comment sister. You should make plans to use fondant although it can look daunting you learn a lot from your first experience. I googled the ghee/butter sub :)

 
At 17 June 2014 at 00:49 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hats off to you for dabbling with fondant! I've never used it before and truly am terrified to try lol! I love the idea of subbing ghee for butter, I would have never thought of that!

 
At 17 June 2014 at 11:14 , Blogger Unknown said...

I wanted to start using fondant with something i thought would be easier than a whole cake to cover. I no longer think cupcakes are the easier option but i still have to try covering a whole cake to compare.

 

Post a Comment

Got a question? want to share your thoughts? leave a comment here.
*Please note, your comment will be visible after it has been approved *

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home