<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

23/06/2014

Guest Post from La Tour de Force: Chocolate & Cinnamon Baked Donuts

chocolate and cinnamon baked donuts recipe
As-Salaamu Alaykum,

Ramadhan is less than a week away, excited? anxious? me too. 

Now, who doesn't like doughnuts? I especially enjoy one at breakfast alongside a strong cup of tea.
Here are some beauties baked by the lovely Aiza from La Tour de Force who kindly accepted my invitation to guest post on the blog. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello/Assalam-u-Alaikum to anybody who happens to slant their eyes upon these words. I'm not good at the formalities so I'll just quickly introduce myself thus by saying; 'I'm Aiza, and I blog over at www.latourdeforce.com'.
chocolate and cinnamon baked donuts recipe
I could launch into the story of the day I baked these mini-chocolate-cinnamon-baked donuts, but I've already exercised my typing over the event quite ardently here. In all contexts, I have never been successful at frying donuts, both times I tried to venture into this yeast bread. And these cakey donuts substitute for an amazing alternative. You don't need to make them mini, whatever size of the baking pan you might have on hand would work. They are amazing and I had quite fun decorating them. Also, did I mention how easy these were in comparison?
Without any further ado or distractions, I'll get to the recipe. 
chocolate and cinnamon baked donuts recipe

Chocolate & Cinnamon Baked Donuts

Adapted from here.
Makes 18 mini donuts (less in a normal sized donut pan)

Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla 
Decorations
Melted Chocolate
Sprinkles/Chocolate Chips, Cookie Crumbs

    Method

  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
  4. Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla and combine. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
  5. Spoon into greased and floured donut pan. Or use a ziplock bag to pipe circles onto a baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
  7. To decorate, dip or drizzle with melted chocolate (I used dark) and press into the assortment of         decorations mentioned above.
chocolate and cinnamon baked donuts recipe
chocolate and cinnamon baked donuts recipe

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 28 June 2014 at 19:09 , Blogger Aiza said...

Thanks a lot for having me over. I loved it. You're awesome (:

 
At 28 June 2014 at 21:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

Your welcome sister anytime. Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family ��

 
At 30 June 2014 at 08:30 , Blogger Silhouette said...

Wonderful recipe Aiza! Gotta try this out soon :) Ramadan Mubarak ^_^

 
At 30 June 2014 at 10:57 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ramadan Mubarak

 
At 3 July 2014 at 15:22 , Blogger Aiza said...

Do try- and let me know!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 08:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

Salaamu aleikoum, Looks lovely! We love doughnuts. Thanks for sharing the recipe and link to Tour de force blog.

 
At 3 September 2014 at 09:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaykum As-Salaam Ukhti, They do look lovely don't they and your always welcome Heni Jazak Allahu Khair for all your on going support and encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

Got a question? want to share your thoughts? leave a comment here.
*Please note, your comment will be visible after it has been approved *

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home